The City of Eastvale is committed to making this website accessible to all users, including those with disabilities and other special needs. We strive to conform at a minimum with:
- Section 508 of the Rehabilitation Act as amended by Congress in 1998.
- WCAG 2.0 Level A success criteria.
The following is a summary of WCAG 2.0’s goals, adapted from the World Wide Web Consortium’s Web Accessibility Initiative, which states that a website should be:
- Provide text alternatives for non-text content.
- Provide captions and other alternatives for multimedia where feasible.
- Provide content that can be presented in different ways, including by assistive technologies, without losing meaning.
- Make it easier for users to see and hear content.
- Make all functionality available from a keyboard.
- Give users enough time to read and use content.
- Not use content that causes seizures.
- Help users navigate and find content.
- Make text readable and understandable.
- Make content appear and operate in predictable ways.
- Help users avoid and correct mistakes.
- Maximize compatibility with current and future user tools.
The City of Eastvale is committed to meeting these accessibility requirements as outlined. Staff regularly review the site for accessibility issues and update this statement periodically in response to the ongoing evolution of accessibility tools, techniques, needs and requirements.
If we become aware of nonconformance on our site, we will update the content with reasonable swiftness to a level of access that conforms to WCAG 2.0 Level A success criteria or remove the nonconforming content from the site.
In accordance with the requirements of Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 the City of Eastvale will not discriminate against qualified individuals with disabilities on the basis of disability in its services, programs or activities.
For ADA compliance inquiries:
Richard Hicks, Building Official
12363 Limonite Ave., Suite 910 Eastvale, CA 91752